AirPro high-pressure blowers and high-pressure fans
The high-pressure blower from AirPro has been designed to move low-to-medium volumes of air at high static pressures. With its surgeless design, this high-pressure fan provides consistent performance through variable air flow at or near a constant pressure.
AirPro’s heavy-duty, high-pressure blower fan is constructed of continuously welded material, which provides a higher quality product compared to riveted construction. These high-pressure fans are primarily used to move clean air, but they also have the capability to move some material-laden air.
The AirPro high-pressure blower is available with four different wheel types. For any application, the most appropriate wheel design is based on the volume and pressure combination of the air, along with the desired operating efficiency of the high-pressure blower.
- HPSL is a high-pressure centrifugal fan, featuring a shrouded-wheel design. This wheel type is designed to move low volumes of air at high static pressures with high operating efficiencies.
- HPSM is a high-pressure fan also includes a shrouded-wheel design. With increased wheel width, this model is designed for low-to-medium air volumes at high pressures.
- HPRL is a high-pressure centrifugal blower designed with an open-radial wheel and is engineered for low air volumes at high static pressures. The open radial wheel does involve decreased operating efficiencies when compared to the shrouded wheel, but it covers a wider range of air volume and pressure combinations.
- HPRM is a high-pressure blower fan very similar to the HPRL, but with a wider wheel design. The increased wheel width increases the air volume capacity.
Will the AirPro high-pressure blower fan work for my application?
Whether you are considering a standard engineered high-pressure blower or one that is custom built to your specifications, you need to be confident that it will work for your application. We want you to be sure. Use our online fan selection tool, myAirPro, to specify and price a high-pressure fan or talk to one of our engineers at 715-365-FANS (3267) or contact us.
Accessories and Spare Parts
When you specify or purchase a high-pressure blower fan from AirPro, be sure to consider accessories and spare parts, too. Accessories such as dampers give you greater flexibility to manage the flow of air into and through the fan. And, it is always a good idea to have spare parts on hand for each high-pressure blower to help keep your operation up and running.
High-Pressure Blower Performance & Design
Based on performance testing according to AMCA standards, Finite Element Analysis, and years of engineering and field experience, AirPro’s high-pressure blower fan has been developed with the following performance and design characteristics:
- Static pressures up to 140”wg
- Temperatures up to 1200°F
- High static efficiency up to 70%
- Shrouded- and open-radial wheel designs
- Surgeless design for smooth operation to shutdown
- Round inlet and outlet for pipe connections
Applications that use the AirPro high-pressure fan to move clean air and air with light-to-moderate dust loadings include:
- Catalytic Oxidizers
- Combustion Air
- Dust Collection Systems
- Gas & Odor Control Equipment
- Heat Exchangers
- Pneumatic Conveying Equipment
- Pollution Control Equipment
- Rotary Drum Dryers
- Thermal Oxidizers
Fan arrangements define the way a fan is driven by a motor, how the motor mounts to the fan, and are based on AMCA standards. The high-pressure blower fan is available in the following arrangements:
- Belt-drive– The fan shaft is driven by the motor shaft through sheaves/pulleys and v-belts. Belt-driven fans provide speed and flexibility, as they enable the fan operating speed to differ from the motor synchronous speed. There are power transmission losses associated with belt-driven fans that should be considered when selecting the motor horsepower.
- Arrangement 1 – The fan and motor are separately mounted to a unitary base. OSHA guards are required.
- Direct-Drive– The fan operates at the synchronous speed of the motor, as the fan is driven directly either with the fan wheel mounted on the motor shaft or with the fan shaft directly coupled to the motor shaft. Direct-driven fans experience negligible power transmission losses.
- Arrangement 4 – In this low-cost arrangement, the wheel is mounted directly on the motor shaft and does not require bearings, belts, OSHA guards, or a unitary base. This arrangement is not available for every fan, as operating temperature, wheel size, materials, and other criteria can be limiting factors.
- Arrangement 8 – The fan shaft is directly coupled to the motor shaft with a flexible coupling. This arrangement offers fewer potential maintenance issues than other arrangements, as there is no belt pull on the bearings, and the motor experiences neither belt pull nor the weight of the wheel on its shaft. OSHA guards are required, and a unitary base may be required.
Materials of Construction
We offer a wide range of materials to construct the fan wheel, airstream parts, or the entire fan. Whether your application involves high operating temperatures, caustic contaminants, or explosive environments, AirPro can supply the appropriate materials, including:
- All carbon steel grades
- All stainless steels
- Nickel-based alloys (625, C22, C276, etc.)
- Abrasion resistant materials, including:
- Chrome carbide
- Tungsten carbide
- Ceramic tile
High-Pressure Fan Finishes
We offer various finishes and linings to accommodate multiple application requirements. Our standard industrial primer and enamel will protect our fans in a general industrial environment. We also provide finishes and linings that offer protection in specialized environments, such as high temperature, corrosive, abrasive, and food-grade environments.
- Industrial enamel
- Wet paints, including:
- Special linings, including:
- Ceramic tile
- Other custom coatings available
Routine maintenance is essential to the successful long-term operation of your high-pressure blower fan. We understand that this can be a challenge due to space limitations and fan accessibility. AirPro fans have several features available that are designed to facilitate routine maintenance, including:
- Flush-mounted and gasketed access door into the fan housing
- Split-housings for wheel and shaft removal
- Extended lubrication lines for motor and bearing ports
- Lubrication access holes in the shaft guard
- Tachometer access hole in the belt guard
- Sealed exterior seams for rust prevention
Quality Control Inspection
Inspections are conducted to ensure that each high-pressure blower fan not only complies with the customer’s requirements, but that it also maintains AirPro’s high standard of quality. These inspections are conducted throughout the manufacturing process, including:
- Material receiving and preparation
- Fabrication and welding
- Paint/coating and surface preparation
- Product final assembly
- Balance and vibration analysis
- Final inspection before shipping with QC documentation provided
Fan Balance and Testing
Wheel balance and fan vibration levels are issues that we take very seriously; ignoring them can cause catastrophic failures in the field. We conduct various tests to address these critical issues.
- Wheel is dynamically balanced to ISO G6.3 minimum
- Full-speed, mechanical run test is performed on the fan assembly
- Vibration analysis conducted at fan’s operating speed
- Vibration analysis conducted during fan coast-down to detect any resonance
- In-depth bearing analysis designed to detect any potential bearing problems