Industrial Exhaust Fan for Trim Handling
Our industrial exhaust fan for trim-handling applications is designed for edge trim removal of materials, such as paper, cardboard, and various metals. AirPro’s trim-handling industrial exhaust fan can be provided with one of two different wheel designs – the IETH or the IEWT – based on the type, size, and quantity of material moving through the fan.
With wheel designs that include reinforced blades, various gusset and blade profiles, sharpened blade edges, and modified inlets with breaker bars, the AirPro IETH/IEWT trim-handling industrial exhaust fan is equipped to handle material smoothly, efficiently, and without material build-up.
Will the AirPro industrial exhaust fan work for my application?
Whether you are considering a standard engineered industrial exhaust fan or one that is custom built to your specifications, you need to be confident it will work for your application. We want you to be sure. Use our online selection tool, myAirPro, to specify and price an industrial exhaust fan or talk to one of our engineers at 715-365-FANS (3267) or contact us.
Accessories and Spare Parts
When you specify or purchase an industrial exhaust fan from AirPro, be sure to consider accessories and spare parts, too. Accessories such as dampers give you greater flexibility to manage the flow of air into and through the fan. And, it is always a good idea to have spare parts on hand for each industrial exhaust fan to help keep your operation up and running.
Industrial Exhaust Fan Performance & Design
Based on performance testing according to AMCA standards, Finite Element Analysis, and years of engineering and field experience, AirPro’s industrial exhaust fan has been developed with the following performance and design characteristics:
- Air volumes up to 80,000cfm (higher volumes available with custom design)
- Static pressures up to 45”wg (higher pressures available with custom design)
- Temperatures up to 1200°F
- Radial-bladed with backplate and no-snag gussets
Applications that use the AirPro industrial exhaust fan include:
- Paper-trim-handling equipment
- Paper-trim-conveying systems
- Box-trim equipment
- Shredders and choppers
- Aluminum-shredding equipment
Fan arrangements define the way a fan is driven by a motor, how the motor mounts to the fan, and are based on AMCA standards. Industrial exhaust fans are available in the following arrangements:
- Belt-drive– The fan shaft is driven by the motor shaft through sheaves/pulleys and v-belts. Belt-driven fans provide speed and flexibility, as they enable the fan operating speed to differ from the motor synchronous speed. There are power transmission losses associated with belt-driven fans that should be considered when selecting the motor horsepower.
- Arrangement 1 – The fan and motor are separately mounted to a unitary base. OSHA guards are required.
- Arrangement 9 – The motor mounts to the side of the fan pedestal with no unitary base required. OSHA guards are required.
Materials of Construction
We offer a wide range of materials to construct the fan wheel, airstream parts, or the entire fan. Whether your application involves high operating temperatures, caustic contaminants, or explosive environments, AirPro can supply the appropriate materials, including:
- All carbon steel grades
- All stainless steels
- Nickel-based alloys (625, C22, C276, etc.)
- Abrasion resistant materials, including:
- Chrome carbide
- Tungsten carbide
- Ceramic tile
Industrial Exhaust Fan Finishes
We offer various finishes and linings to accommodate multiple application requirements. Our standard industrial primer and enamel will protect our fans in a general industrial environment. We also provide finishes and linings that offer protection in specialized environments, such as high temperature, corrosive, abrasive, and food-grade environments.
- Industrial enamel
- Wet paints, including:
- Special linings, including:
- Ceramic tile
- Other custom coatings available
Routine maintenance is essential to the successful, long-term operation of your industrial exhaust fan. We understand that this can be a challenge due to space limitations and fan accessibility. AirPro fans have several features available that are designed to facilitate routine maintenance, including:
- Flush-mounted and gasketed access door into the fan housing
- Split-housings for wheel and shaft removal
- Extended lubrication lines for motor and bearing ports
- Lubrication access holes in the shaft guard
- Tachometer access hole in the belt guard
- Sealed exterior seams for rust prevention
Quality Control Inspection
Inspections are conducted to ensure that AirPro Fans not only comply with the customer’s requirements, but that they also maintain AirPro’s high standard of quality. These inspections are conducted throughout the manufacturing process, including:
- Material receiving and preparation
- Fabrication and welding
- Paint/coating and surface preparation
- Product final assembly
- Balance and vibration analysis
- Final inspection before shipping with QC documentation provided
Fan Balance and Testing
Wheel balance and fan vibration levels are issues that we take very seriously; ignoring them can cause catastrophic failures in the field. We conduct various tests to address these critical issues.
- Wheel is dynamically balanced to ISO G6.3 minimum
- Full-speed, mechanical run test is performed on the fan assembly
- Vibration analysis conducted at fan’s operating speed
- Vibration analysis conducted during fan coast-down to detect any resonance
- In-depth bearing analysis designed to detect any potential bearing problems