AirPro plug fan designed for high-temperature applications
A plug fan is used when the fan must mount to an enclosure to circulate air in a clean, contaminated, or high-temperature environment. A high-temperature fan requires no ductwork, as the wheel is directly inserted into the enclosure. The motor, bearings, and drive parts are outside of the airstream.
The AirPro high-temperature plug fan (FCHS) is used with a wide range of industrial furnaces, industrial ovens, and other heat-processing equipment. Generally designed to move high volumes of air at low static pressures, this high-temperature fan is offered with several wheel designs and with various materials that are appropriate for the specific operating temperature.
Will the AirPro FCHS fan work for my application?
Whether you are considering a standard engineered FCHS fan or one that is custom built to your specifications, you need to be confident it will work for your application. We want you to be sure. To specify and price a FCHS fan, talk to one of our engineers at 715-365-FANS (3267) or contact us.
Accessories and Spare Parts
When you specify or purchase a FCHS fan from AirPro, be sure to consider accessories and spare parts, too. It is always a good idea to have spare parts on hand for each FCHS fan, to help keep your operation up and running.
High-Temperature Plug Fan Performance & Design
- Temperatures to 1700°F
- High air volumes, low static pressure
- Forward-curved, backward-inclined, and radial-wheel designs
Industrial furnace and oven applications that use the AirPro FCHS fan include:
- Annealing Ovens
- Batch Annealing Furnaces
- Box Furnaces
- Calcining Ovens
- Can End Dryers
- Car Bottom Furnaces
- Curing Ovens
- Drying Ovens
- Tempering Ovens
- V-belt drive
- Direct drive
- With/without housing
- With/without inlet cone
Materials of Construction
- Stainless steel and high-temperature alloys
Quality Control Inspection
Inspections are conducted to ensure that each AirPro FCHS fan not only complies with the customer’s requirements, but that it also maintain AirPro’s high standard of quality. These inspections are conducted throughout the manufacturing process, including:
- Material receiving and preparation
- Fabrication and welding
- Paint/coating and surface preparation
- Product final assembly
- Balance and vibration analysis
- Final inspection before shipping with QC documentation provided
Fan Balance and Testing
Wheel balance and fan vibration levels are issues that we take very seriously; ignoring them can cause catastrophic failures in the field. We conduct various tests to address these critical issues.
- Wheel is dynamically balanced to ISO G6.3 minimum
- Full-speed, mechanical run test is performed on the fan assembly
- Vibration analysis conducted at fan’s operating speed
- Vibration analysis conducted during fan coast-down to detect any resonance
- In-depth bearing analysis designed to detect any potential bearing problems